Focus on XV-XXII
Explicate each contrapasso
in circle 7: blasphemers, usurers, & sodomites.
Why is sodomy a sin of
What are the obsessions for
fame - i.e. immortality project - for each of the following
groups: Heretics, Suicidals, Sodomites.
Why is hell round?
Why is there a great waterfall separating violence and fraud?
Are the sins concentrically dependent? That is, can we say that all
sins of incontinence contain some form of violence and that all violence
contains a form of fraud?
What lessons does Dante learn from the a) flatterers, b) soothsayers?
Why does Dante place the Malebranche here?
- What affect does Monica's death have on Augustine?
- In his dialogue "Meno", Plato says: "There is no teaching,
but only recollection." What would Augustine say about this
- Why are we lost? What is the root
- What is the relationship between self
- Does Augustine ever experience