Focus on XXII-XXV
- Why is hypocrisy at the cusp of the
Malabolgia? What do the sins of fraud above/below hypocrisy have in
- Analyze the contrapasso of the thieves and
serpents in Canto XXIV-V.
- How are the sins concentrically dependent? That is, can we say that all
sins of incontinence contain some form of violence and that all violence
contains a form of fraud?
- How does Dante use the idea of schism?
- Why does Dante place the Malebranche here?
- What affect does Monica's death have on Augustine?
- In his dialogue "Meno", Plato says: "There is no teaching,
but only recollection." What would Augustine say about this
- Why are we lost? What is the root
- What is the relationship between self
- Does Augustine ever experience