January 12 & 15
Read through p. 32
Identify critical moments and events.
The Great Books Foundation defines an interpretive question as one that has more than one answer and which can be supported with evidence from the text.
Bring Two Interpretive Questions based on today's reading.
Read through p. 105
is a kind of "curriculum" providing for his "education". What
courses is he taking?
archetype of each of the main characters of the story. For
example: Dasaratha might represent wisdom.
Which events in
Rama's life are most significant?
What is the
greatest moment in his character development?
What makes Rama
so great and bigger than life?
Devise two good
interpretive questions for class discussion.
Finish the work
- Loose Ends from January 22.
- Pearls of Hindu Wisdom from the work.
- Rama's Code of Ethics.
- Rama's ultimate purpose, quest, or calling.
- Why was Rama victorious? Why was Ravana defeated?
- Is Rama's treatment of Sita justified?
- Bring an interpretive question for class for discussion.
- Tat Tvam Asi